Tuesday, July 22, 2008

If only I had batteries...

We do a pretty good job of buying our children toys that do not have batteries.  Partly because we think that is better for them, and partly for our own sanity.  Every so often though, something slips through and becomes a favorite, thereby earning a place in the boys vast array of playthings (Note to self: Time for another purge of the toys and trip to Goodwill.).  Being the bright child that he is, Jon has figured out what batteries are used for and that certain toys need batteries to work (i.e. make noise).

The other day Jake wanted me to make the "frog" noise that grandma makes. I have to say it's a rather impressive bullfrog-like display including both noise and throat movement.  No wonder they think it's cool.  Jake kept holding his hand up to my throat wanting me to do it, and I told him I didn't know how and he would have to wait for grandma to do it.  Jon looked at his brother and very seriously explained to him, "Mommy can't do that. She doesn't have any batteries."

Well, at least there's a reasonable explanation for my deficiencies. 

No comments: