Friday, February 20, 2009

Lessons in Preschool Grammar

Today Jonathan had a major dump truck project going. He was filling the back of the toy dump truck with smaller toy cars and then backing it up to the edge of the dining room table and dumping them off.  He really wanted me to see it, so he called me over and said, "Come look at this, mom! It's really going to crack you out!!!" 
 
Sometimes it's difficult to explain proper word usage to a very literal preschooler who knows that neither "up" nor "out" seems to have much to do with it.

He also informed me today that a "pyramid" at the end of a sentence means to stop.  Good to know.

2 comments:

sarah said...

the internet welcomes you back and has missed you!!!

stephy said...

It's so funny the title of your blog is "there is a cheerio in my fan" because right now on my bedside table there is a lego in my fan, that my 4 yr old put in there.